- Qatar Airways CEO Akbar Al Baker supports sustainable practices in aviation and emphasizes the importance of fuel-efficient aircraft and using recyclable materials.
- The global aviation industry aims to achieve net-zero carbon emissions by 2050, with the use of sustainable aviation fuel increasing, but there is a lack of large-scale production infrastructure for the required amount of SAF.
- Al Baker believes reaching net zero by 2050 will be difficult due to a lack of will and the timeline being not too far away.
In a recent interview with CNN, Qatar Airways CEO Akbar Al Baker showed his concern over the aviation industry’s goal of reaching net zero carbon emissions by 2050. While Al Baker emphasized the importance of decarbonizing the industry, he believes that the goal seems to be too ambitious to achieve by 2050.
Al Baker supported the idea of sustainable aircraft and Qatar Airways’ goals to continue to invest in fuel-efficient aircraft. Earlier this week, the Doha-based airline took delivery of two Boeing 787-9 Dreamliners in one day.
Sustainable practices in aviation
Qatar Airways CEO Akbar Al Baker highlighted the importance of sustainable practices in aviation. From having fuel-efficient aircraft to using sustainable materials, the airlines must contribute towards the goal. Al Baker is vocal about the efforts the airline is making in optimizing its fleet and using sustainable practices in its airline operations. During the interview with CNN’s Becky Anderson, Al Baker said,
“I very much care about sustainability QA has today one of the youngest fleets in the world, and we keep on investing. We have nearly 150 aircraft on order, that needs to be delivered and they’re all absolutely fuel efficient. We are hugely involved in recyclable materials in the airline. We are constantly investing in improving fuel burn on the aeroplane. But there is only so much we can do.”
Reaching net …
read more simpleflying.com
> Cheap Flights and Hotels!
Several ways to buy cheap airline tickets.
- Start searching at least 2 months in advance and sign up for email alerts so you'll always be notified when flight prices drop.
- Budget airlines typically offer the cheapest flights.
- Save money by taking your flight early in the morning or late at night.
- Consider flying on a weekday instead of a weekend.
- Use an aggregator site to compare prices across airlines.
- Once you have found the best trip, select it on the aggregator site and move to the airline’s direct website to book your tickets. Some aggregators allow you to book the ticket through their website, but there may be an additional service fee.
- Discover amazing things to do on your vacation! with Viator – A Tripadvisor Company
- Save up to 50% on advance bookings with Viator – A Tripadvisor Company
- Roam the world Viator helps you explore the world, right from home, with our Roam From Home series of tours and activities