Electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) plane company Joby revealed it staged an exhibition flight in New York, establishing its air taxi as the first ever to take to the skies of Manhattan, and opening the way for future next generation aircraft activities.
Joby announced the demonstration flight this morning as company officials joined New York Mayor Eric Adams at a Manhattan press conference, where he promised to “electrify” the city’s iconic Downtown Heliport by introducing eVTOL aircraft. On Sunday, the startup staged its air taxi exhibition flight from the facility, which will serve as one of the terminals for aerial shuttles to La Guardia and JFK airports the startup will be operating with its Delta Airlines partner.
Joby said it hoped to conduct another flight of its eVTOL during the press presentation with Adams, but at…
Several ways to buy cheap airline tickets.
- Start searching at least 2 months in advance and sign up for email alerts so you'll always be notified when flight prices drop.
- Budget airlines typically offer the cheapest flights.
- Save money by taking your flight early in the morning or late at night.
- Consider flying on a weekday instead of a weekend.
- Use an aggregator site to compare prices across airlines.
- Once you have found the best trip, select it on the aggregator site and move to the airline’s direct website to book your tickets. Some aggregators allow you to book the ticket through their website, but there may be an additional service fee.