American-made electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) aircraft are coming to the Middle East.
San Jose, California-based eVTOL manufacturer Archer Aviation on Monday announced its plan to initiate electric air taxi services across the United Arab Emirates, which is expected to be the company’s first international launch market. Partnering with the Abu Dhabi Investment Office (ADIO), Archer plans to launch nationwide in 2026.
The agreement was finalized during a signing ceremony this week, where ADIO and regional aviation leaders entered into a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to support Archer’s UAE launch. ADIO will provide incentives for the firm to build its first international headquarters and establish manufacturing capabilities in Abu Dhabi.
Archer is partially backed by Mubadala Capital, the asset management subsidiary of Abu…
read more www.flyingmag.com
> Cheap Flights and Hotels!
Several ways to buy cheap airline tickets.
- Start searching at least 2 months in advance and sign up for email alerts so you'll always be notified when flight prices drop.
- Budget airlines typically offer the cheapest flights.
- Save money by taking your flight early in the morning or late at night.
- Consider flying on a weekday instead of a weekend.
- Use an aggregator site to compare prices across airlines.
- Once you have found the best trip, select it on the aggregator site and move to the airline’s direct website to book your tickets. Some aggregators allow you to book the ticket through their website, but there may be an additional service fee.
- Discover amazing things to do on your vacation! with Viator – A Tripadvisor Company
- Save up to 50% on advance bookings with Viator – A Tripadvisor Company
- Roam the world Viator helps you explore the world, right from home, with our Roam From Home series of tours and activities