Logistics experts agree that self-flying drones are a key element of future operations, not just for their zero-emissions potential but also for new levels of speed and efficiency. When it comes to the military, autonomous solutions like the Chaparral are expected to work side by side with mainstream cargo giants like the C-17 Globemaster.
This year’s Mobility Guardian, a large-scale Air Mobility Command (AMC) readiness exercise, included a demonstration that illustrates what future cargo operations could look like. It involved a C-17 aircraft and a Chaparral eVTOL (electric vertical takeoff and landing) developed by Elroy Air.
The C-17 is a Boeing-made military transport aircraft of enormous proportions. It combines a wingspan of more than 169 feet (52 meters) with a 55-foot (17 meters) height. Powered by four Pratt & Whitney engines and boasting a maximum payload of 585,000 lbs…
read more www.autoevolution.com
> Cheap Flights and Hotels!
Several ways to buy cheap airline tickets.
- Start searching at least 2 months in advance and sign up for email alerts so you'll always be notified when flight prices drop.
- Budget airlines typically offer the cheapest flights.
- Save money by taking your flight early in the morning or late at night.
- Consider flying on a weekday instead of a weekend.
- Use an aggregator site to compare prices across airlines.
- Once you have found the best trip, select it on the aggregator site and move to the airline’s direct website to book your tickets. Some aggregators allow you to book the ticket through their website, but there may be an additional service fee.
- Discover amazing things to do on your vacation! with Viator – A Tripadvisor Company
- Save up to 50% on advance bookings with Viator – A Tripadvisor Company
- Roam the world Viator helps you explore the world, right from home, with our Roam From Home series of tours and activities