Published on 01 November 2023.
The below media release was issued as a joint media release with Minister for Resources and Minister for Northern Australia Madeleine King, Assistant Minister for Regional Development Senator Anthony Chisholm and Queensland Treasurer and Minister for Trade and Investment Cameron Dick.
Alliance Airlines’ new $60 million aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) facility officially opened today at Rockhampton Airport, allowing about 100 highly skilled aviation jobs to come back home to Australia, as well as supporting 16 new, traineeships and apprenticeships.
The new precinct means Alliance can service their fleet of 70 aircraft right here in Rockhampton, instead of their current maintenance contracts in Slovakia and the United Kingdom.
It also opens up a raft of new opportunities for Queensland suppliers for avionics, aerospace technologies, wheels, tyres, brakes and landing gear, engine maintenance, interiors and upholstery and cabin accessories.
The facility supported around 115 construction workers and is estimated to create roughly 100 skilled engineering and maintenance jobs by 2024.
There will also be at least 16 local traineeships and apprenticeships offered, creating new career paths for young job seekers across Central Queensland.
The new $60 million MRO site was made possible through a $21 million Northern Australia Infrastructure Facility loan.
A further $25 million contribution was made by the Australian Government, along with $2 million from the council, to fund upgrades to the existing airport infrastructure in order to support the Alliance facility, taking the total precinct investment figure to around $87 million.
Construction of the new MRO facility was also backed by the Queensland Government’s $175 million Jobs and Regional Growth Fund to ensure Alliance can maintain its growing aircraft fleet in Queensland.
The project is another…
read more www.rockhamptonregion.qld.gov.au
> Cheap Flights and Hotels!
Several ways to buy cheap airline tickets.
- Start searching at least 2 months in advance and sign up for email alerts so you'll always be notified when flight prices drop.
- Budget airlines typically offer the cheapest flights.
- Save money by taking your flight early in the morning or late at night.
- Consider flying on a weekday instead of a weekend.
- Use an aggregator site to compare prices across airlines.
- Once you have found the best trip, select it on the aggregator site and move to the airline’s direct website to book your tickets. Some aggregators allow you to book the ticket through their website, but there may be an additional service fee.
- Discover amazing things to do on your vacation! with Viator – A Tripadvisor Company
- Save up to 50% on advance bookings with Viator – A Tripadvisor Company
- Roam the world Viator helps you explore the world, right from home, with our Roam From Home series of tours and activities