After 15 years of development and prototype testing, CycloTech has presented its first concept aircraft. The CruiseUp is a unique-looking personal two-seat eVTOL air car designed for cross-town hops – and it’d probably stop better than any other eVTOL.
We’ve written plenty about these guys over the years. Operating out of Linz, Austria, CycloTech exists to propagate and commercialize a single idea: the CycloRotor propulsion system.
In the marine world, they’re known as Voith-Schneider propellers, and these spinning barrels of thrust have “walls” made of wing blades, designed to tilt as the barrel spins thanks to conrods connected to a swashplate. This arrangement works a lot like the way helicopter rotors work – causing the blades to continuously vary their pitch as the barrel rotates, so that thrust peaks at a certain point in the rotation and quickly dies back down.
read more newatlas.com
> Cheap Flights and Hotels!
Several ways to buy cheap airline tickets.
- Start searching at least 2 months in advance and sign up for email alerts so you'll always be notified when flight prices drop.
- Budget airlines typically offer the cheapest flights.
- Save money by taking your flight early in the morning or late at night.
- Consider flying on a weekday instead of a weekend.
- Use an aggregator site to compare prices across airlines.
- Once you have found the best trip, select it on the aggregator site and move to the airline’s direct website to book your tickets. Some aggregators allow you to book the ticket through their website, but there may be an additional service fee.
- Discover amazing things to do on your vacation! with Viator – A Tripadvisor Company
- Save up to 50% on advance bookings with Viator – A Tripadvisor Company
- Roam the world Viator helps you explore the world, right from home, with our Roam From Home series of tours and activities