While some other urban air mobility startups are still just producing renderings, eHang’s EH 216 eVTOL has already been tested and cleared for commercial air taxi work in its home country of China. The company has now gone a step further, by announcing the retail price.
So first of all, we won’t keep you in suspense any longer.
If you’d like an EH 216-S (as it’s now known) of your own, be prepared to shell out 2.39 million RMB. That’s about 332,304 US dollars, and it will take effect as of April 1st … no joking. It should be noted that the figure is the official suggested retail price, in China.
For readers who aren’t familiar with the EH 216-S, it’s an unpiloted eVTOL aircraft which flies on eight coaxially mounted pairs of propellers – for 16 props in total – and autonomously ferries two passengers up to 30 km (18.6 miles) between charges at a top speed around 130 km/h (81 mph).
read more newatlas.com
> Cheap Flights and Hotels!
Several ways to buy cheap airline tickets.
- Start searching at least 2 months in advance and sign up for email alerts so you'll always be notified when flight prices drop.
- Budget airlines typically offer the cheapest flights.
- Save money by taking your flight early in the morning or late at night.
- Consider flying on a weekday instead of a weekend.
- Use an aggregator site to compare prices across airlines.
- Once you have found the best trip, select it on the aggregator site and move to the airline’s direct website to book your tickets. Some aggregators allow you to book the ticket through their website, but there may be an additional service fee.
- Discover amazing things to do on your vacation! with Viator – A Tripadvisor Company
- Save up to 50% on advance bookings with Viator – A Tripadvisor Company
- Roam the world Viator helps you explore the world, right from home, with our Roam From Home series of tours and activities