Flying cars were always a distinct feature of the famous 1960s Jetsons cartoons, which portrayed the adventures of George Jetson, his wife Jane and teenage daughter Judy.
The cartoon series is probably rapidly fading into history today, but its projection of the future might become a thing of reality in the next decade.
And just like George Jetson zipping around in his aero-car in Orbit City, the real flying vehicles look set to make their debut in Dubai and Abu Dhabi within the next five years. That’s, of course, if industry players’ projections are anything to go by.
At last week’s Dubai Air Show, Gulf Business caught up with key players in the electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) space.
For example, air taxi maker Archer Aviation said it has secured orders for as many as 100 Midnight eVTOL aircraft worth $500m from UAE’s Air Chateau International.
read more gulfbusiness.com
> Cheap Flights and Hotels!
Several ways to buy cheap airline tickets.
- Start searching at least 2 months in advance and sign up for email alerts so you'll always be notified when flight prices drop.
- Budget airlines typically offer the cheapest flights.
- Save money by taking your flight early in the morning or late at night.
- Consider flying on a weekday instead of a weekend.
- Use an aggregator site to compare prices across airlines.
- Once you have found the best trip, select it on the aggregator site and move to the airline’s direct website to book your tickets. Some aggregators allow you to book the ticket through their website, but there may be an additional service fee.
- Discover amazing things to do on your vacation! with Viator – A Tripadvisor Company
- Save up to 50% on advance bookings with Viator – A Tripadvisor Company
- Roam the world Viator helps you explore the world, right from home, with our Roam From Home series of tours and activities