Helicopter airline Helijet International has placed an order for two ALIA electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft from BETA Technologies in hopes of becoming the first Canadian air carrier to provide both passenger and cargo services with eVTOLs.
Helijet President and Chief Executive Danny Sitnam and BETA Sales Director Skye Carapetyan made the announcement with British Columbia Premier David Eby at Helijet’s Victoria Harbour Heliport on Tuesday.
“We want to be in the forefront of this, we see the opportunities with electric and hydrogen-powered vehicles in the near future,” Sitnam said during the announcement. “As travelers increasingly look to destinations and transportation options that reflect their own commitments to environmental responsibility, we believe eVTOL service in the region will positively benefit local businesses our tourism sector.”
Several ways to buy cheap airline tickets.
- Start searching at least 2 months in advance and sign up for email alerts so you'll always be notified when flight prices drop.
- Budget airlines typically offer the cheapest flights.
- Save money by taking your flight early in the morning or late at night.
- Consider flying on a weekday instead of a weekend.
- Use an aggregator site to compare prices across airlines.
- Once you have found the best trip, select it on the aggregator site and move to the airline’s direct website to book your tickets. Some aggregators allow you to book the ticket through their website, but there may be an additional service fee.