The FAA and the U.S. Air Force are stepping up efforts to integrate advanced air mobility (AAM) aircraft into U.S. airspace.
This week, the regulator and the military’s aviation arm agreed to exchange flight test data and combine their capabilities for testing AAM aircraft designs, such as electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) or autonomous aircraft. The new collaboration is meant to mature—and safely integrate—the emerging technologies with airports, individual pilots, policies, communications, and other aircraft within the nation’s complex national airspace system (NAS).
“A new era of aviation is taking off, and safe and efficient operations require collaboration,” said John Maffei, the FAA’s technology development director. “This data will help inform FAA certification efforts, policies, standards, and future airspace integration…
read more www.flyingmag.com
> Cheap Flights and Hotels!
Several ways to buy cheap airline tickets.
- Start searching at least 2 months in advance and sign up for email alerts so you'll always be notified when flight prices drop.
- Budget airlines typically offer the cheapest flights.
- Save money by taking your flight early in the morning or late at night.
- Consider flying on a weekday instead of a weekend.
- Use an aggregator site to compare prices across airlines.
- Once you have found the best trip, select it on the aggregator site and move to the airline’s direct website to book your tickets. Some aggregators allow you to book the ticket through their website, but there may be an additional service fee.
- Discover amazing things to do on your vacation! with Viator – A Tripadvisor Company
- Save up to 50% on advance bookings with Viator – A Tripadvisor Company
- Roam the world Viator helps you explore the world, right from home, with our Roam From Home series of tours and activities