A few years ago, uncrewed aerial systems (UAS) developer Piasecki Aircraft struck out when its contract with the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) was canceled due to delays and high costs. On Tuesday, though, the company had a reversal of fortune.
Piasecki announced it was awarded a multiyear, $37 million contract with AFWERX, the innovation arm of the U.S. Air Force, through the division’s Strategic Funding Increase (STRATFI) program. The agreement will allow the Pennsylvania-based firm to test and demonstrate its Aerial Reconfigurable Embedded System (ARES)—the same UAS project that was snubbed by DARPA.
In addition, the contract calls for Piasecki to demonstrate hydrogen fuel cell propulsion technology for vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) and other aviation applications, which it developed in collaboration with ZeroAvia. The…
read more www.flyingmag.com
> Cheap Flights and Hotels!
Several ways to buy cheap airline tickets.
- Start searching at least 2 months in advance and sign up for email alerts so you'll always be notified when flight prices drop.
- Budget airlines typically offer the cheapest flights.
- Save money by taking your flight early in the morning or late at night.
- Consider flying on a weekday instead of a weekend.
- Use an aggregator site to compare prices across airlines.
- Once you have found the best trip, select it on the aggregator site and move to the airline’s direct website to book your tickets. Some aggregators allow you to book the ticket through their website, but there may be an additional service fee.
- Discover amazing things to do on your vacation! with Viator – A Tripadvisor Company
- Save up to 50% on advance bookings with Viator – A Tripadvisor Company
- Roam the world Viator helps you explore the world, right from home, with our Roam From Home series of tours and activities