Sens. Bernie Sanders, I-Vermont, and Peter Welch, D-Vermont, and Rep. Becca Balint, D-Vermont, sent a letter to JetBlue Chief Executive Officer Robin Hayes on Monday, urging him to reconsider the decision and reinstate service.
American, Delta, United and Sun Country Airlines also fly out of BVT Airport.
Vermont’s congressional delegation told Hayes that JetBlue’s decision to “abruptly terminate” service at Leahy BTV could potentially harm Vermont businesses and make travel to New York “significantly more difficult” for their constituents.
“The decision surprised us and many in Vermont,” the letter said. “With advance notice, our office may have been able to work with you and federal authorities to help prevent the need for this decision.”
JetBlue’s partnership with American Airlines, called the Northeast Alliance, allowed the two airlines to sell tickets aboard each other’s flights, according to reporting from NerdWallet. The agreement also allowed members of JetBlue’s loyalty program to earn points in American Airlines’ loyalty program.
In May, the U.S. Department of Justice won a lengthy…
Several ways to buy cheap airline tickets.
- Start searching at least 2 months in advance and sign up for email alerts so you'll always be notified when flight prices drop.
- Budget airlines typically offer the cheapest flights.
- Save money by taking your flight early in the morning or late at night.
- Consider flying on a weekday instead of a weekend.
- Use an aggregator site to compare prices across airlines.
- Once you have found the best trip, select it on the aggregator site and move to the airline’s direct website to book your tickets. Some aggregators allow you to book the ticket through their website, but there may be an additional service fee.