Volocopter and Tampa International Airport (TPA) in Florida, USA, have successfully undertaken the first-ever flight test of an electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) aircraft in an operational and large international airport in the US, and the first eVTOL test in the state of Florida.
The flight marks the start of a multilayered flight test campaign with a crewed Volocopter 2X, which could one day lead to these electric ‘passenger drones’ being used to take travelers from the airport to the city center – a new revolution in transportation known as urban air mobility (UAM).
The flight test campaign consisted of aircraft downwash and outwash testing with the US Federal Aviation Authority (FAA) and performance testing in local environmental conditions. Media, partners, and guests were invited to the event with a clear view of the public on location.
The invitees included…
read more www.traffictechnologytoday.com
> Cheap Flights and Hotels!
Several ways to buy cheap airline tickets.
- Start searching at least 2 months in advance and sign up for email alerts so you'll always be notified when flight prices drop.
- Budget airlines typically offer the cheapest flights.
- Save money by taking your flight early in the morning or late at night.
- Consider flying on a weekday instead of a weekend.
- Use an aggregator site to compare prices across airlines.
- Once you have found the best trip, select it on the aggregator site and move to the airline’s direct website to book your tickets. Some aggregators allow you to book the ticket through their website, but there may be an additional service fee.
- Discover amazing things to do on your vacation! with Viator – A Tripadvisor Company
- Save up to 50% on advance bookings with Viator – A Tripadvisor Company
- Roam the world Viator helps you explore the world, right from home, with our Roam From Home series of tours and activities