- Jason Berry has been named the new president of Horizon Air, a subsidiary of Alaska Airlines.
- Berry will be responsible for leading strategy and overseeing Horizon Air’s operations, taking over after the previous president served for four year.
- Berry has a strong background in the aviation industry, previously holding leadership positions at Alaska Airlines, Air Canada, Menzies Aviation, and Cargolux.
The Board of Directors at Horizon Air, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Alaska Airlines, named a new president this week. Jason Berry, with nearly 30 years of industry experience, is now at the helm of the regional carrier.
Berry’s new role comes after returning to the Alaska Air Group as Senior Vice President of Operations at Horizon. The executive previously worked in various roles at Alaska and then left the airline to join Air Canada for a two-year stint.
“A passion for Horizon”
As president, Berry will lead strategy, oversee nearly 3,500 employees, and supervise Horizon’s operations. He succeeds Joe Sprague, who is retiring after leading the airline as president for four years and will move into a senior advisor role at Alaska.
“Congrats to my friend and super talented airline pro Jason Berry on his promotion to be the new president of Horizon Air ! So grateful to have served in this role the last 4 years,” Sprague wrote on LinkedIn. “Blessings to the entire Horizon team!”
Photo: Alaska Air Group
Alaska CEO Ben Minicucci welcomed Berry to his new leadership role.
“Jason is a fantastic leader with a tremendous amount of industry experience and a passion for Horizon and its people. I look forward to his continuing contributions to Air Group’s success and am excited to welcome him to this leadership role.”
“An immense honor”
Joining Horizon in early 2023, Berry served as SVP of Operations, where he focused on…
read more simpleflying.com
> Cheap Flights and Hotels!
Several ways to buy cheap airline tickets.
- Start searching at least 2 months in advance and sign up for email alerts so you'll always be notified when flight prices drop.
- Budget airlines typically offer the cheapest flights.
- Save money by taking your flight early in the morning or late at night.
- Consider flying on a weekday instead of a weekend.
- Use an aggregator site to compare prices across airlines.
- Once you have found the best trip, select it on the aggregator site and move to the airline’s direct website to book your tickets. Some aggregators allow you to book the ticket through their website, but there may be an additional service fee.
- Discover amazing things to do on your vacation! with Viator – A Tripadvisor Company
- Save up to 50% on advance bookings with Viator – A Tripadvisor Company
- Roam the world Viator helps you explore the world, right from home, with our Roam From Home series of tours and activities