Advanced air mobility (AAM) company Wisk Aero says it has become the first electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) air taxi company to fly in the greater Los Angeles Area.
It launched autonomous test flights of its Cora eVTOL aircraft at Long Beach Airport during Long Beach’s Festival of Flight.
“Autonomous flight is possible today and it’s happening now in LA,” said Brian Yutko, CEO of Wisk. “Los Angeles is a target launch city for many in our industry.”
Wisk partnered with Long Beach through the city’s Long Beach Economic Partnership (LBEP) and says the tie-up is “focused on evaluating, planning, and implementing AAM in Long Beach as part of a broader regional network, with a focus on autonomous flight”.
Wisk has sponsored research by California State University on the economic impact of AAM for the region.
Local mayor Rex Richardson said: “Long Beach has been a…
read more www.itsinternational.com
> Cheap Flights and Hotels!
Several ways to buy cheap airline tickets.
- Start searching at least 2 months in advance and sign up for email alerts so you'll always be notified when flight prices drop.
- Budget airlines typically offer the cheapest flights.
- Save money by taking your flight early in the morning or late at night.
- Consider flying on a weekday instead of a weekend.
- Use an aggregator site to compare prices across airlines.
- Once you have found the best trip, select it on the aggregator site and move to the airline’s direct website to book your tickets. Some aggregators allow you to book the ticket through their website, but there may be an additional service fee.
- Discover amazing things to do on your vacation! with Viator – A Tripadvisor Company
- Save up to 50% on advance bookings with Viator – A Tripadvisor Company
- Roam the world Viator helps you explore the world, right from home, with our Roam From Home series of tours and activities